[vdr] Re: Remote Control

Hi,

which OneForAll RC do you have?
I have the Topline5.
Which code did you programm for your Hauppage DVB-s RC?
(Or do you use another infrared receiver and an arbitrary code?).
Could you provide your licrd.conf for that code.
I tried to find the same code as the DVB-s uses but so far without success.
The problem is that it seems that the OneForAll disables buttons for a code
if the original remote didn't have that keys.
So I have to find a code that enables all the keys on the OneForAll and
then record them.
Is there anyone out there using a OneForAll with the DVB-s infrared
receiver?
If so, how does your configuration look like?
Any config data would help as I really don't want to check all the remote
codes until one is working.
(Maybe one evening with a good bottle of wine ;->)

Richard

                    Emil Naepflein
                    <Emil.Naepflein@ph
                    ilosys.de>
                    Sent by:
                    vdr-bounce@linuxtv
                    .org

                    30.11.01 10:14
                    Please respond to
                    vdr

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001 09:09:20 +0100, Falk Spitzberg
<fspitzb@spitzberg.de> wrote:

> That's what I'm looking for. I have a programmable RC and also have=20
> access to a wide range of RC's (a friend of mine own a TV shop). Maybe=20
> it's a dumb question, but how can I use addiditinal buttons with the=20
> DVB-S receiver? Where are the buttons defined?

Goto http://www.lirc.org/ and read the documents. It is very easy to use
special function buttons of a remote control for VDR. I.e., I use the
play, rew, ff, .. buttons on my OneForAll to control everything in play
mode. Or I use special keys for control of cutting. You just record the
IR signals of all the buttons on your remote and then assign the VDR
keywords to the corresponding remote key in the lirc.conf file. As VDR
doesn't use discrete keywords for all the functionality (most is context
sensitive and depends on in what menu you are currently), you end with
multiple remote keys having the same keyword assigned. But this doesn't
really matter.

BTW, I have even multiple different remote controls working with the
same VDR. The Pronto controls everything in my home-cinema, the OFA is
used from remote tv locations in other rooms.

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index