[vdr] Re: Scart ouput disabled by vdr on my DVB-C ( and more)

> > im new to this DVB and vdr stuff, but its a really cool thing.
> > Better than any adventure to play *g*.
> > Well i first used my card on windows, there i still have the problem of
> > getting no picture on the pc monitor.neither with or without using gfx
> > card
> > overlay. could my card be corrupt? Display on tv by scart and by video
> o=
> ut
> > is
> > working fine. I called the hotline from Siemens, but the guy told me
> tha=
> > my
> > PIII450 256MB is too slow for the card. cant be true, i should try to
> ge=
> > another
> > person, who truly know what he says. the documentation stated a p133 16
> =
> MB
> > would be sufficient.
>
> Strange - here on my 1,4GHZ Athlon Overlay also don=B4t work... - don=B4t
> =
> know why.... - but that=B4s not a Problem The Hauppauge TV-CARD work and
> i=
>  watch over it :-)

Youre card also cant display a picture on pc? I just get garbage in the
overlay window .

> > 1. How could i test video display on my pc monitor on linux? By using
> > kvdr?
> I had several tryes  with older versions of Kvdr - works great - but now
> i=
>  don=B4t use it anymore...

So it did work for you to display a picture on the monitor?
Hmm does it work for you or does it not...i am a bit irritated now....

> > 2. When i insmod the dvb drivers i get a picture on my tv using the
> scar=
> > cable.
> >    As soon as a start vdr, the picture is gone. when i use the cinch
> vid=
> eo
> > output cable i     get the picture. Does anyone know how to solve this?
> Perhaps a Problem with the S-VHS-Outpot ??? - can anyone else confirm
> this=
>  ?

My TV Set can display S-VHS. I see a picture on tv if i insmod the driver.
but executing vdr, turns the screen to black at once.

So could someone please tell me why?

> > 4. Using the overlay on tv screen for doing thins like tv channel
> > swichting,
> > vdr programming, mp3 playing and other, is really nice. but better would
> > be
>
> Don=B4t understand this ? - What do you want to change exact ? I think
> the=
>  Overlay (as it is) is one of the best OSD`s of all Digi-Reciever on the
> m=
> arket (without the Boxes with FUN-Standard)

Yes i do like it, my idea was to separate the OSD from the rest of the VDR
funtionality. To use it as a GUI for a Multimedia PC doing lots of ohter
things, like playing ( and display) cds, copyng cds. playing MP3s ( i know there
is a patch to vdr to play mp3). It would just be nice to have a easily
customizable OSD in the way of VDR.

Hope this clarifies my statement.

Good night.
Gunnar