[vdr] Re: 1st beta - DVD subtiles & navigation

Hi Falk,

Sorry for not replying earlier!

Falk Spitzberg wrote:

> Andreas,
>
> a few days ago, I sent some trace information about my tests with "Miss
> Undercover" and "Die Mumie kehrt zurück". I tested again with beta1, but

I was unable to get hold of those two DVD's so far. I'll try again.

> the only change is that VDR no longer crashes when I start playback with
> "Die Mumie kehrt zurück".

that was fixed ;-)

> Current state "Miss Undercover"
> Starts with blank screen and background music (seems to be menu, but
> invisible). After some time playback begins. VDR crash when eject is
> selected from main menu.
>
> "Die Mumie kehrt zurück"
> No menu but immediate start of playback. (crashed with nav-5). VDR crash
> when eject is selected from main menu.
>
> Should I trace once more?

The trace information, didn't provide a clue about was is going on. I
have to see for myself :-(

I thought, i had fixed the crash on eject problem, strange......

Andreas

> Andreas Schultz wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> The next generation DVD support for VDR has reached a state, where i
>> feel comfortable calling it a beta version. A new version can be found
>> at:
>>
>> http://www.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~aschultz/dvd/vdr-0.99pre1-nav6.diff.gz
>> http://www.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~aschultz/dvd/vdr-0.99pre1-nav5-nav6.diff.gz
>>

>> changes to -nav5:
>>     - fixed problems with menues that timeout
>>     - more cleanups in cDVDplayBuffer
>>     - fixed SPU menue problems
>>     - fixed crash at DVD eject
>>     - fixed assert() in dvbapi.c:2061
>>
>> known issues/todo:
>>     - video/audio distortions at the end of menu loops
>>     - large Menues might not work correctly - need to be verified
>>     - audio track and subtitles selction menu access
>>       needs to be verified
>>     - user operations are not surpressed as directed by the DVD (this
>>       especialy applies to surpressing chapter skip's in menues)
>>
>> Klaus has build some new OSD functions. The next version will make use
>> of those and hopefully have complete and unlimited Menue and Subtitle
>> support.
>>
>> BUG reporting guidelines:
>>
>> Before reporting problems with specific DVD's, recompile VDR with
>> '#define TRACE' set in decoder.c and include the output of vdr in your
>> report. Without that information, it is almost impossible to identify
>> the problem.
>>

>> Have fun
>>
>>         Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index