[vdr] Re: speed (and noice) of Pioneer 106-s drive

Hi izeman

you can use
echo current_speed:66 >>/proc/ide/hdc/settings

		   ^^ I don't understand 66

to put it into normal mode.
but I cannot believe that this is like the quiet mode...
thanks for the tip, I must install windows, but it's nice (tested at my
company)

mfg Johannes

On Sun, Dec 09, 2001 at 07:24:01PM +0100, johannes.schoeller@gmx.at wrote:
> hi johannes!
>
> just tested it. i programmed my dvd under windows
> to allways stay in "quiet" mode.
> so it.s not that noisy anymore.
> then i entered your command, but i forgot to test
> the noise level BEFORE. :( so i can.t really tell the
> difference. what do i have to enter to put it
> back to normal?
>
> thanx!
>
> servus hannes aka izeman
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > now i've tested
> >
> > echo current_speed:1 >>/proc/ide/hdc/settings
> >
> > this seams also to work (only noice when inserting the dvd, not at
> > playback)
> > you can also use dma..
> >
> > can anyone test this ?
> >
> > mfg Johannes