[vdr] Re: Problems

On 10 Dec 2001 at 13:34, Sergei Haller wrote:

> KS> > the last one is funny. Correct me if I am wrong or if something
> KS> > changed in 0.99pre1, but AFAIK vdr exits only in record mode. not while an
> KS> > EPG scan.
> KS>
> KS> It does this when channel switching on the *primary card* fails several times.
> KS> So I guess this will also happen in EPG scan on the primary card.
> KS>
>
> As to the second problem (no video, no audio after an EPG scan):
>
> It seems, that the problem occures _while_ the EPG scan. And while the EPG
> scan vdr seems to look at the stream like while a recording. (at least at
> the primary card)
>
> Would it help to post some logs? If yes - at which debug level of which
> modules?

Hi Sergei,

I had the same problem (disappearing video after an epg-scan, sound OSD still there) up to
last week (also using the 20011117-driver and always the latest VDR). Due to some comments
to the original thread that it might have something todo with I2C or lm_sensors (and for some
other reasons, like ext3, nvram_wakeup, mencoder) I decided to reinstall my box.

I did an upgrade from mandrake 8.0 (kernel 2.4.3) to mandrake 8.1 (kernel 2.4.8). I'm also
using the most recent lm_sensors package now (the one I used before was a very old rpm).

Don't know exactly if it has something to do with the kernel-version or with lm_sensors, but
anyway, for me the the problem is gone now  :-))))

CU, Peter

Home | Main Index | Thread Index