[vdr] Re: Problems

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001 peter.juenger@epost.de wrote:

PJ> > It seems, that the problem occures _while_ the EPG scan. And while the EPG
PJ> > scan vdr seems to look at the stream like while a recording. (at least at
PJ> > the primary card)
PJ> >
PJ> > Would it help to post some logs? If yes - at which debug level of which
PJ> > modules?
PJ> >
PJ>
PJ> Hi Sergei,
PJ>
PJ> I had the same problem (disappearing video after an epg-scan,
PJ> sound OSD still there) up to last week (also using the
PJ> 20011117-driver and always the latest VDR). Due to some comments
PJ> to the original thread that it might have something todo with I2C
PJ> or lm_sensors (and for some other reasons, like ext3,
PJ> nvram_wakeup, mencoder) I decided to reinstall my box.
PJ>
PJ> I did an upgrade from mandrake 8.0 (kernel 2.4.3) to mandrake 8.1
PJ> (kernel 2.4.8). I'm also using the most recent lm_sensors package
PJ> now (the one I used before was a very old rpm).

hmmm, I installed tne latest lm_sensors + i2c in end of august.
I'll have to look for the now newest one and give it a try.

PJ> Don't know exactly if it has something to do with the
PJ> kernel-version or with lm_sensors, but anyway, for me the the
PJ> problem is gone now :-))))

now I'm using 2.4.9. The reason why I was hesitating to install a newer
one was just the i2c package - I would have to rebuild it (have to read
all the manuals again)

Anyway, First Ill try the newest i2c version and then the newest kernel
with shipped i2c and then with i2c from lm_sensors.

Thanks for the hint.

c ya
        Sergei

         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de