[vdr] Re: Filesize problem (over 2GB)

Marco wrote:

> > No !
> > I use here Ext3  - and it support 4 GB and larger - but i canīt acces to
> it with all Programms !
>
> copy (cp), ls, copy to a nfs share, samba  -  everything works greate with
> files over 2GB on my ext3 fs. But vdr does not support this lage files !
>
> Noope

VDR *must* be able to split a recording into several files to be able
to make use of more than one disk (ok, future versions will try to keep
all files belonging to one recording on the same disk, but if the current
disk does run full, it _must_ continue on an other disk if one is available).

Therefore I see no reason why VDR should go though all the trouble and
use "long long" in many places, where currently "int" is enough. It would
also break the index file format. If you really need a recording to be in one
large file, just concatenate the separate files. Presumably you won't be
needing the index.vdr file anyway, because you will be going to post-process
the file with some format converter, I suppose.

Klaus