[vdr] Re: time-shifting

Hi all,

Matthias Weingart wrote:

> I think you need a PC with harddisc and video card to solve your problem.
> Transfer the live data stream into the PC, store it there and output it
> after 30 seconds at the video output. I think it's possible to do it
> continously, but I do not know a software that has such a feature.
> But with a little knowledge in programming you can do it yourself :-)

Maybe just some automagical scripting to realize this...

PC with TV-Card (bttv) for input and GFX with TVout for output.
Grapping the DV cam with bttvgrab/ffmpeg to file/buffer/ramdisk/etc and
starting in a second instance i.e. mplayer (streaming-enabled) or ffmpeg
or videolan or whatever on the recorded stuff after the needed delay -
in Max' case 30 seconds.

Regards, JoKi

--
   MiDeK-Internet Publishing   |   Tel: 06361 21418
       Am Donnersberg 14       |   FAX: 06361 993681

Home | Main Index | Thread Index