[vdr] Re: AC3-playback didn't work

Hi Dieter,

> I guess you use the self compiled alsa drivers and libs.
> Please be sure to compile ac3dec, after you have updated the libs and
> use this frsj compiled ac3dec.
           ^^^^do you mean fresh here?

Yes, I extracted them to /usr/local/src, configured and compiled them.
I did that with drivers libs and utils and then compiled ac3dec.

> PS.: If you do a default install of ac3dec, it will be found
> in /usr/local/bin.

My ac3dec was found in the ac3dec-directory
(/usr/local/src/alsa-tools-0.9.0beta9/ac3dec).
I copied it to /usr/bin and used this program to play the ac3-stream.

Is the directory /usr/local/src the right place for the drivers and libs,
or have i install them a directory higher?

Bye
Jens Dorstewitz
dorstewitz@gmx.de

Home | Main Index | Thread Index