[vdr] Re: replaying of ntsc videos thru dvb-s

Johannes Schoeller wrote:

> i wanted to ask if there is a way to playback ntsc
> mpeg2 videos (29.97 frames) through the dvb-s card.
> i.m asking because i just bought a wonderful dolby
> digital receiver and downloaded some ac3 trailers
> from http://members.netscapeonline.co.uk/dvdtrailers/
> and of course i want to replay them.

It works - the driver (and the card) accept mpeg streams within the
standard resoltions and fps (I think it's mentioned in the driver docs)
and generate the appropriate output. It's up to your tv set however to
display this accordingly...

You can test if it works by replaying the mpegs with 'tuxplayer' (in the
driver dirs) or rename it to 001.vdr [...] and replay it via VDR.

HTH
Thomas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index