[vdr] Re: idea for jump function improvements

20.12.2001 18:26:54, Uwe Freese <uwe.freese@bigfoot.com> wrote:

>- The  lines that show how many numbers the user has to press should be
>  replaced  by  a zero when a recording is too short for such a jump.
>  Assume a recording with  playing  time 45 Minutes. Then it sould look
>  like "00:--" when I press the jump button.

Well..would be nice, butI don't think it is really important.

But I have a suggestion for Stefan Huelswitt and the jump-function in the MP3-patch:
since MP3s with lengths over an hour are very unusual I would find it much better if the
jump-function in the MP3-part would not be in hours:mins, but in mins:secs. Anybody else
thinking the same?

>- In addition to the relative time jump you could implement an absolute.
>  In order not make it too complex for the user: Pressing the jump
>  button once for relative jump function, pressing it again for absolute
>  jump function (I think the relative is the more relevant).

Have youi ever tried to press the "up"- or "down"-button instead of "left/right"? Absolute
jump has been there since the jump-function was implemented.

Greetings,   Marcus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index