[vdr] Re: idea for jump function improvements

Hallo Marcus,

Marcus Kuba wrote on Thursday, December 20, 2001, 9:15:20 PM:

>>- The  lines that show how many numbers the user has to press should be
>>  replaced  by  a zero when a recording is too short for such a jump.
>>  Assume a recording with  playing  time 45 Minutes. Then it sould look
>>  like "00:--" when I press the jump button.

MK> Well..would be nice, butI don't think it is really important.

OK, this is not important. Reducing errors in the driver is important.

But it would be more ergonomic. It's like showing the OSD (when
switching channels) on top or bottom. Or showing the lines when
switching a channel. It's not a new functionality for the user, but it
improves the interface to him.

>>- In addition to the relative time jump you could implement an absolute.

MK> Have youi ever tried to press the "up"- or "down"-button instead of "left/right"? Absolute
MK> jump has been there since the jump-function was implemented.

Oops, sorry, didn't know that. I think I read the manual too quickly. ;)
Thanks!

Bye, Uwe.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index