[vdr] Re: idea for jump function improvements

20.12.2001 22:23:21, s.huelswitt@gmx.de (Stefan Huelswitt) wrote:

>On 20 Dec 2001 Marcus Kuba <marcus@kuba4u.de> wrote:
>
>> jump-function in the MP3-part would not be in hours:mins, but in mins:secs.

>Actually it is hh:mm :-)

Yes.. I know... that's why I wrote 'not' ! I'd prefer mm:ss, because mp3's are much shorter
than movies and minutes are rather inaccurate. Compared to a movie it would be the
same if one could only jump in 15-minute-intervals.
A typical movie is between 90 an 120 minutes long, so you have 90-120 places where
you can jump with minutes. A typical song is around 5 minutes or even less, so you can
only jump to 4 or 5 places in the song. With seconds you could jump to 300 places.
Currently I have 2001 mp3's on my harddisk and NONE of them is 60 minutes or longer..
so I think that the hh:mm-scheme is not very useful. In fact, you could remove the hh-field
because its very unlikely that anyone will ever need it.

Greetings,   Marcus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index