[vdr] Re: real 16:9 aspect ratio recordings possible only in newer versions?

Stephan,

you are right.

I have done many tests on Canal+ French channel and 16:9 broadcasts.

If you replay the recordings with MPLAYER you can seee it is recorded in
16:9 format.

And better, even if you tv set is 4:3 only, the card is able to convert
(letterboxing) the recordings to 4:3 format.
(this is not working on standard Canal+ decoder).

true on every dvb/vdr combinations i tested (but after 0.72 if i
remember).

Patrick Gueneau

Stefan Huelswitt wrote:

> AFAIK the stream is recorded in the format it was received. But
> may be, the behaviour was changed over the various driver/vdr
> verions (0.71 is ancient :-)
>
> --
> Stefan Huelswitt
> huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan