[vdr] Re: SPDIF Output from J2 connector

Andy Grobb wrote:

> @ Klaus or Marcus!!!
>
> Help, Help !!!
>
> I have the J2 Pin 4 and Pin 9 for Digital Out connected with the SBlive
> DigiIn. Supported the DVB Driver this Output for Volumecontroller? My
> Soundcard supported only the Wave/Digital In Controller for Bass/Treble.
> Over the Line In ring the Sound not very good, even without Bass/Treble.
>
> Thanks
> Andy

Well, I don't have any hands on experience with digital audio, but I would
assume that you *can't* control the volume over a digital audio connection.
When VDR sets the audio volume it does so only for the (analog) audio out
on the back end of the DVB card.

Klaus