[vdr] Re: segmentation fault with xlist

johannes.schoeller@gmx.at wrote:

> hi klaus!
>
> i downloaded xlist.c, comiled it, but after starting it with
> xlist ./filename it just "returns" -> "segmentation fault".
> i don.t think that that.s what it.s supposed to do. ;)
>
> am i doing something wrong?
>
> pls. open my eyes. :)
>
> servus hannes!

The xlist.c is just a tiny tool that I rapidly hacked together.
I can't guarantee that it is working under all circumstances.

How much RAM does your system have? xlist.c allocates a 20MB
buffer and does *no* error checking on this, so if it is out
of RAM it might just die...

You could try setting the BUFSIZ macro in xlist.c to a smaller value.

Klaus