[vdr] Re: broken recordings

On Monday, 24. December 2001 13:21, you wrote:

> > > hi
> > >
> > > here is tool to regenerate the index.vdr
> >
> > Do not try to attach something ;-)
> >
> > BTW, i have several version of those tool and none regenerates the index
> > file so that it is identical to vdr's - better let that vdr do then...
>
> well, I read that the tool I fould creates identical files (but I never
> tested).
>
> should I send it to you?

Well, i tested it with my broken stream and healthy streams as well,
result:

-the broken stream breaks at the same place as cutting stops
-the older marks.vdr does'nt fit to the new index-file giving a hint that the
result is _not_ the same.
-that does _not_ apply to "clean" streams.

So i restate:

-there should be a repairing mechanism for damaged streams with
index-recreation.
(the above movie does'nt have remarkable visible failures, is still perfectly
watchable beside it's not editable)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index