[vdr] Re: LNB freezes...

gfiala@s.netic.de(Guido Fiala)  24.12.01 10:39

Once upon a time Guido Fiala shaped the electrons to say...

>Someone with similar problems:

>on Pro7 and Sat1 (and probably some other channels)

Are those all "v"-Polarization only (like Pro7 and Sat1 both(!) are ?

>i do now get the decoder frozen after 30 seconds,

If the effect is only on the "v"-polarized:

If you have at least 2 cards and no Multiswitch than you have
to set (currently) "EPGscan=0", because the EPG scan function switches
the other card to "h" which has priority over the "v" voltage.

Turn Diseq off too.

Those are the easiest tests.

>switching to another transponder
>and back temporarily solves the problem.
>(rebooting does'nt change behaviour) ("channel not sync'ed" messages)

>I suspect it's due to the minus 20 degrees Celsius (yes minus!)

"plus" would be really surprising for the north hemispere now :-)

>my LNB is currently exposed to ... or icicles at the satellite *g*

Hm, i don't think that those will break anyway just by channel switching ;-)
(Or do you have a motor dish?)

Often receivers (like VDR) are able to add an extra frequency offset
to all channels.
Maybe your LNB is a little bit "out of tune" now because
of the temperature and this offset ma help?

Try to estimate the frequency whre you lose receiption of
a channel and see if the middle frequency between is that
what is expected.
Else go into setup and add the offset.

Remember: The receiption is "digital":
There is only "good image" or "no image".
The range with "bad image" is very small.

Pls. tell how you solved the problem.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index