Von: vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org [mailto:vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org]Im Auftrag
von Gunnar Roth
Gesendet: Montag, 24. Dezember 2001 19:10
An: vdr@linuxtv.org
Betreff: [vdr] Re: all in one patch / problems in starting mplayer from
within vdr

> now i've no more ideas how to get mplayer started from vdr menu ;-(
>
> anyone who can help me?
>
> p.s. can mplayer put sound output to dvb-s ?

Hello

first :merry christmas :-)

ok  yesterday i tried the same things and had the same problems you
describe.
i am starting vdr by a entry in inittab in runlever 3.

ok to make it short. i did hardcode the path to mplayer in the script to
solve my problem. replaced "mplayer" by "/usr/local/bin/mplayer", i think
the search path it not the same it used to be when logged on. but im not
really a unix expert.

but i still have the problems that my box sometimes crashes.
how to track this failure?
i use the 2711 driver. would it be better to use the september driver for my
dvb-c card? what a the enhanchemnets of the latest driver over the old one?

ok cu
gunnar

Home | Main Index | Thread Index