[vdr] Re: vdr questions + suggestions

Hi,

[...]

> Questions:
>
> 1. DVD

About the DVD stuff, i'm currently reorganizing the whole DVD stuff. The next generation will work much more like a regular DVD player. Much of the new functionality is already in the latest all-in-one patch.
Getting this stable is currently my top priority. Other things will have to wait (or somebody else has to provide the patches).

> DVD-replay works fine, but i dont have a progress-display and jumping
> to a position isn't possible (red key).
>
> If i leave DVD-replay my actual position is gone.
> This is very bad because i don't know at wich timestamp i left my DVD
> (no progress-display) and i cannot jump there. Maybe i missed something
> about DVD-replay, but with this behaviour it's almost unusable for me.

you can jump to next/prev chapter

> Suggestions:
>
> 1. DVD-directory-change
>
> If my point about displaying and storing the actual dvd-position could be
> cleared it would be excellent if you could change the DVD-directory through menu.
>
> I think many of us don't use a DVD in a drive rather than storing it on HDD
> (i.e. my vdr-pc even don't have a dvd-rom).

I'm not sure about that, what is the point of DVD playback, when you
don't have a DVD drive? However, something like DVD playback over the
network would be very usefull.

things to come (hopefully):
- progress bar will come
- fast forward/rewind with different speeds

Hope that helps

   Andreas

> 2. Jump function
>
> It would be nice if the jump-function (red key) could address seconds too (jump to hh:mm:ss).
>

> 3. DVD-Menu at last menu-position
>
> Is it possible to move menu-point DVD to last position ?
> Background: I own a pronto remote-control and i programmed many macros to handle
> own commands wich where placed at menupoint 6 (i.e. 'Menu->6->command').
> Now i would have to change all macros because the DVD-menupoint shift the following
> commands one point up. If DVD-replay would be placed at the last menu-position it
> even dont matter if i remove DVD-replay again because the other menu-numbers
> don't change.
>

> 4. Program record on specific card
>
> It would be nice if i could tell on wich card a record should start
> (i.e. start 'Tagesschau' on card1).
>

> 5. Confirm jump-time
>
> This is not really important, but i wondered about the confirm-key for 'jump-to' (channel up).
> I don't red the new vdr-manual completely before using it, so i tried the jump-function and
> when it came to confirm the input-time i tried at first 'OK' (seemed the most logic key for me).
> For me it's no problem to use the up-key for confirmation, but i think the OK-key would be more
> intuitive.
>
> ...Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index