[vdr] Re: vdr questions + suggestions

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [vdr] Re: vdr questions + suggestions (25-Dez-2001 22:23)
From:    aschultz@cs.uni-magdeburg.de
To:      vdr@linuxtv.org

> > Suggestions:
> >
> > 1. DVD-directory-change
> >
> > If my point about displaying and storing the actual dvd-position could be
> > cleared it would be excellent if you could change the DVD-directory through
> > menu.
> >
> > I think many of us don't use a DVD in a drive rather than storing it on HDD
> > (i.e. my vdr-pc even don't have a dvd-rom).
>

> I'm not sure about that, what is the point of DVD playback, when you
> don't have a DVD drive? However, something like DVD playback over the
> network would be very usefull.

Exactly. On my network there are directorys with stored DVD-files.
Now i have to point vdr with the startparameter -V to the
directory where the DVD-files are stored.
If i want to watch a different DVD i have to restart vdr
with a '-V'-parameter pointing to another directory with
DVD-files or i have to rename the directory in the background.

> things to come (hopefully):
> - progress bar will come

With Timedisplay? This would be nice.

> - fast forward/rewind with different speeds

'Jump-to'-function like for vdr-files would be nice.

> Hope that helps

Yes, thx for the fast answer.

Apart from this the possibility to play DVD with vdr is really great.

...Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index