[vdr] Re: LNB freezes...

> If you have at least 2 cards and no Multiswitch than you have
> to set (currently) "EPGscan=0", because the EPG scan function switches
> the other card to "h" which has priority over the "v" voltage.
>
> Turn Diseq off too.
>
> Those are the easiest tests.

Did anything right then -> has to be a hardware problem.
For now it's gone as i have +3 ° again...

> >my LNB is currently exposed to ... or icicles at the satellite *g*
>
> Hm, i don't think that those will break anyway just by channel switching
> ;-) (Or do you have a motor dish?)

No, no, i was just kidding meaning the satellite itself - it's so cold up
there: You know the physics experiment with horizontal and vertical metallic
stripes letting only one polirization through - well if the icicles are all
horizontal... ;-))

> Often receivers (like VDR) are able to add an extra frequency offset
> to all channels.
> Maybe your LNB is a little bit "out of tune" now because
> of the temperature and this offset ma help?

Is there a paramter to do this?

> Pls. tell how you solved the problem.

Thanks.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index