[vdr] Re: vdr questions + suggestions

Hello Andreas,

> About the DVD stuff, i'm currently reorganizing the whole DVD stuff.
> The next generation will work much more like a regular DVD player.
> Much of the new functionality is already in the latest all-in-one patch.
> Getting this stable is currently my top priority. Other things will
> have to wait (or somebody else has to provide the patches).

I just tested the new new navigation first time. Great! Looks very
promising!

Experimenting is a bit tedious though, since after each stop or crash I
have to wait quite some time for the "this can take _long_ time" of
libdvdread.
With "Shrek" thats more than 15min :-(

Is this normal, or do I miss something here? Can the data calculated be
chashed somehow (without copying the whole dvd to harddisk)?

Happy new year to all on the list, and especially all the contributors
of this great software!

   Michael

Home | Main Index | Thread Index