[vdr] Re: problem with samba share.cannot see the *.vdr files

> Gunnar Roth wrote:
>
> >hi,
> >another problem of mine is that i cannot see the *.vdr on my linx machine
from my windows client.
> >the dir seems epmty and explorer repost 0 byte of content. every other
file can be seen.
> >does anyone know how i can solve this? for now i have to login to my
linux machine and copy the
> >files from there to my windows computer which works.
> >
> Windows has problems with some of the characters used by vdr in
> directory names ( was it ":"?)
> Rename your directorys, and use the VFAT compile option to prevent vdr
> >from using such characters in the future.
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> Michael

Hmmm i just tried what you said. i couldnt see any strange characters, but
in fact renaming the *.rec dir to a simple string did actually help. if i
make a ls i see "2001-12-24.00:23.50.50.rec" whi ch doenst seem to contain
special character, but when i make a "ls" and then press tab i get
"2001-12-24.00\:23.50.50.rec/". the \ seems to be the problem. so i will
trust you and try the VFAT option. but i am curios why the dir naming is
done in such incompatible way. cant see an obvious reason for this.
but thank you ver much. i will now no longer have to copy my *.vdr files to
input them tio PVAInstrumento.

bye,
gunnar

Home | Main Index | Thread Index