[vdr] Re: problem with epg after uptime of 3 days

, vdr will not really "shutdown the computer", it
> will just call the command specified via -s, ASSUMING
> that this will shut down the computer.
> As you see, my script does not really shut down the computer,
> but only restarts vdr by killing vdr (hence the name "killvdr")
> and anything else that accesses any of the DVB devices.

ok now i did get the point. will try to add this to my setup.

> > i know fuser -k kills the process which accesses the file on the
argument
> > line. but how does this help the problem?
>
> It is important to kill all processes that access any of the DVB devices,
> so we will be able to reload the driver, which is the main point of the
> whole exercise. There have been reports in the past, that
>
> *  OSD colors change randomly
>
> *  EPG stops functioning
>
> *  Channel switching stops functioning
>
> *  CAM stops functioning
>
> *  ARM firmware starts crashing
>
> after vdr has been running without a reload for a long time.

sometimes my machine does lockup completely. but this could be the fault of
my scsi system.
i did report my problems in another post.

> > > I also use the periodic restarts to automatically transfer my
> > > web EPG programming from http://tvtv.de and to adjust the system
> > > time during the short moments when vdr is not running.
> > > For that, I am using my own runvdr script that looks like this:
> >
> > This scriot for tvtv would be also nice to have. maybe i could then
program
> > a script for the tvgenial application.
> > www.tvgenial.com which is a really nice prog imho. it give a good
overview
> > of the tv programms.
>
> Search the mailing list for "epg2timers".
> Also see the Tools/epg2timers vdr subdirectory.
ok i will do exactly as you said.
thanks a lot.

Gunnar

Home | Main Index | Thread Index