[vdr] Re: problem with samba share.cannot see the *.vdr files

On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 05:20:02PM +0100, Gunnar Roth wrote:
>  > Hi Gunnar
>  >
>  > compile with VFAT an then got to /video
>  > Then change into the directories of your old recordings an rename the
>  subdirs like this :
>  >
>  > subdirs without VFAT = 2001-12-08:\14.20.50.50.rec
>  > rename it to 2001-12-08.14.20.50.50.rec
>  >
>  > then you should be able to view your old recs with a VFAT compiled vdr
>  >
>  > cu
>  > Evil Corpse
>  >
>  I just made a small change to the recordings.c file which let me view the
>  recordings gain without renaming. in fact it was even easier to do ;-)
>  of course my changes will be lost when the next version appears but i think
>  my recordings will be deleted then.
>  but maybe my changes could be incorporated, it is just a simple addition.
> if
>  the file name parsing, done by scanff failes i just try it with the
>  nameformat containing the ":". again.
>
>  bye gunnar.

Hi Gunnar,

Why would you want to use filenames with the column in them if you have
just recompiled VDR to use dots instead of columns (the VFAT option)?
Wasn't the whole point of this exercise to enable you to see the VDR
recordings from a windows box as samba shares? IMHO you should just rename
your old recordings to get rid of the column and be happy with that;
you'll see the recordings from your windows machine and the VFAT enabled
VDR recognizes them.  No need to patch VDR in anyway. A simple shell
script/command will do the job:

!!! I haven't tested this with a real VDR directory hierarchie !!!

for i in `find /video -name \*\:\*
do
	mv $i `echo $i | sed -e "s/:/./"`
done