[vdr] Re: problem with samba share.cannot see the *.vdr files

> Hi Gunnar,
>
> Why would you want to use filenames with the column in them if you have
> just recompiled VDR to use dots instead of columns (the VFAT option)?
> Wasn't the whole point of this exercise to enable you to see the VDR
> recordings from a windows box as samba shares? IMHO you should just rename
> your old recordings to get rid of the column and be happy with that;
> you'll see the recordings from your windows machine and the VFAT enabled
> VDR recognizes them.  No need to patch VDR in anyway. A simple shell
> script/command will do the job:

well you are right. but i dont want to copy all file to my windows machine.
i was just thinking vdr should be smart enough to recognized its recording
whether VFAT is used or not.
and i also thought to enable this couldnt be so hard. my doing was just a
proof of concept *g*
thank you for your script. it worked after adding a -follow to the find
command.

by the way i have found that vdr doenst handle a forbidden characters of
VFAT only the ":", but what is about the "?" and the "* ". i in fact have a
recording where the title contains a question mark and its also not readable
from my windows machine.

gunnar

Home | Main Index | Thread Index