[vdr] Re: AW: Re: AW: OT: Transcoding a DIVX to another format ?

> Thanke you - tmpegenc works well i have tryed 2 Movies and convert parts
of them
> to mpeg1 - VDR can play this files :-) (very important is to set the
resolution)

I've tried this a couple of times but the video was always distorted and
audio and video were out of sync. Could you perhaps share your tmpegenc
settings with us?

> Now i will try to creat a Index-file for fast forward ect....

Why don't you replay the MPEG-1 files with mplayer through the DVB card? You
don't need an index file and mplayer can resize the image to fit the screen.

> FFMPEG is not able to do it right i have tryed many options - but without
success...

I think we just have to wait for improvements in mencoder (part of mplayer).
The mplayer website says it will be able to transcode all formats supported
by mplayer in the future (currently, only DivX output is supported).

hh

Home | Main Index | Thread Index