[vdr] Re: KVDR Feature Request

On Saturday, 29. December 2001 19:38, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using a Xterminal, connected by gigabit ethernet to my server, on which
> I want to watch TV, Records, DVD, OSD and so on.
>
> But KVDR does not support it.
>
> Would be great, if KVDR would transmit the overlay data from DVB-X over
> Ethernet (by Xvideo-port would be best ...).
>
> Does a feature like that have any future?

There are several way's to achieve this, using Xvideo would IMHO require the
program to be run at the client (not the host like "xawtv -remote" does),
which requires remote access to the video-device of the host system, transmit
the data over the Ethernet and scale it via Xv...
If you or someone else likes to implement it feel free to do so, currently i
have little spare time left.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index