[vdr] Re: Video Disk Recorder version 0.99pre2

Andreas Gebel wrote:

> Am Sonntag, 27. Januar 2002 17:28 schrieben Sie:
> > - The "Recordings" menu now displays a hierarchical structure if there are
> >   subdirectories for the recordings. This can be controlled through the
> >   "RecordingDirs" parameter in the "Setup" menu.
> >   See "MANUAL/Replaying a Recording" for details.
>
> This is really cool, thank you for implementing this, but it looks very
> strange. Wouldn't it been better to display directories in a way something
> like
>
> [NAME] (unseen#/total#)
>
> I looked at the sources to change that myself, but... I have no idea, how.
>
> mfG.
>
> Andreas

I re-used mechanisms that were already there. Until now, a recording was
displayed as

  dd.mm hh:mm  Title

which consists of three columns in the menu. I replaced the first two
columns with the total number and number of new recordings and was able to
implement this very easily.

I wonder if you have "flat" and "hierarchical" recordings mixed on your
machine. In such cases the approach I have chosen appears to be the logical
extension of an existing scheme (at least to me). My "Recordings" menu
currently looks like this:

2     1     Abenteuer Wissen
29.12 20:13 AnimalFarm
24.01 20:13*Die Erben der Saurier - Im Reich der Urz
1     0     nano

Here I have two "flat" recordings (which directly show their date and time
of recording) and two directories (which show the total number of recordings
and the number of new ones).

Klaus