[vdr] Re: VideoLAN problems

On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 11:19:47PM +0200, Jørgen Tvedt wrote:

> > > --Snipp--

> beta.
> error:
> > > CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER, IID_IBaseFilter, (void**)>&g_pRTPSource)
> > >
> > > Download the msvcr70.dll from here:
> > > http://www.daimi.au.dk/~vedel/microsoft/ms-pub/VS.NET/win/system/
> > >
> > > Then run register.bat again.
> >
> > OK, now the program is working - a bit.
> > I am able to select "Start" and the program starts syncing, but it
> > never gets synchronized. It seems the program hangs if it wants to
> > sync, bacause I can't shut down it in a normal way - I have to kill it.
>
> Same thing here, after I installed the Moonlight player. Try to unregister
> the Moonlight filters, with the installer and reregister the Elecard filters
> and dvbrtp.ax. But after this you can not use MediaPlayer to play the
> stream.

I deinstalled and unregistered the Moonlight UDP Streaming Player and filters.
Then I installed Elecard MPEG2 Player (v1.35) and registered it's filters
(I also reregistered dvprtp.ax).
If I try to open the URL "moonlight://224.0.1.2:5002/rtp" with the Elecard
MPEG2 Player I get this error: "Cannot play back the file '' it has unsupported
format". If I try to open the URL "rtp://224.0.1.2" I get the error "Unsupported
type of internet service: 'rtp://224.0.1.2' ".
Some suggestions what I could try? Do I use the wrong URL?

(I have done:
export DVBVL_DEST="224.0.1.2"
export DVBVL_PORT="5004"
/sbin/route add -net 224.0.0.0 netmask 240.0.0.0 dev eth1
before I started vdr and streaming.)

> > > If you want to use MediaPlayer, install Moonlight UDP Streaming player
> > > http://www.moonlight.co.il/download/UDP.zip
> > >
> > > Open the URL: moonlight://224.0.1.2:5002/rtp
> >
> > OK, this is working also, but there is no sync between audio and
> > video. The difference between the two streams is about 10 seconds!
> > Any suggsetion what I could try to get it in sync?
>
> I have perfect sync. Have you tried to stream from different TV channels?

Yes, but none is working.

> > > By the way, I didn't have to do anything on the VDR machine to get this
> > > work,
> > > except from starting the stream.
> >
> > On my machine it only works if I set up the route according next line:
> > /sbin/route add -net 224.0.0.0 netmask 240.0.0.0 dev eth1
>
> I see, you have more than one NIC in your computer?

Yes. You mean this is the reason why I need the route?

An other question: In the OSD streaming menu:
What does "Stream 1 Active" mean? I activate streaming with
button <F1> and I always set "Stream 1 Active" to "yes". Maybe
this is wrong?

best regards
Martin Neuditschko

Home | Main Index | Thread Index