[vdr] tech patch improvements - was Re: Tech line in epg colour changing

Sergei Haller wrote:

  > PL>  No, I have some channels that are black in the morning, blocky
in the
  > PL> afternoon and clear in the evening :-)
  >
  > I see.

Another thing I was implementing in tech patch was the bitrate count for
each channel; it would be an interesting value to show to the user (as
far as I know there is no commercial decoder avaiable that permits to
calculate and show this);

in theory it's simple, enough to record, divide the amount of space used
by the time, and here you are; however this would need to hack deep
inside vdr structure, creating a way to 'record' without keeping the
stream but only counting how much data, etc; I made few dirty
experiments which worked more or less, but only if you were already
recording that channel, etc. Do you think it's worth try to implement
this now or should we wait for the next vdr version?

bye
as

Home | Main Index | Thread Index