[vdr] Re: pic viewer 20020716

Christoph Saas wrote:

> I tried it tonight and have to admit that I was a little disappointed.
> You seem to have the same quality problems I had. The mpg2 encoding
> of narrow nearly horizontal lines produces an image with
> very clear pixel effects. I uploaded an sample image of my last holiday

first of all, the project is stil pre-alpha (!) and I give it away to be
tested and to receive feedback. There are dozens of problems; for
example, if I try to display a b/w image... the result is funny.

Sure there are encoding and displaying problems; mpeg(2) encoding is not
so easy, we must apply a colorspace change, the output is on an
interlaced device (the tv-set), etc.

I hope to be able to solve or at least do the maximum possible for this
issue. Please keep on testing the program!

ciao!
as

Home | Main Index | Thread Index