[vdr] Re: pic viewer 20020716

Alessio Sangalli wrote:

> Christoph Saas wrote:
>

>> I tried it tonight and have to admit that I was a little disappointed.
>> You seem to have the same quality problems I had. The mpg2 encoding
>> of narrow nearly horizontal lines produces an image with
>> very clear pixel effects. I uploaded an sample image of my last holiday
>

> first of all, the project is stil pre-alpha (!) and I give it away to be
> tested and to receive feedback.

That was my intention. ;-)
I just wanted to know if others can verify the problem or if it is specific
to my setup.

> There are dozens of problems; for
> example, if I try to display a b/w image... the result is funny.
>
> Sure there are encoding and displaying problems; mpeg(2) encoding is not
> so easy,

Thats why I gave up when my resuls with the teletext patch were not very promising.
I thought someone more capable should try

> we must apply a colorspace change, the output is on an
> interlaced device (the tv-set), etc.
>
> I hope to be able to solve or at least do the maximum possible for this
> issue. Please keep on testing the program!

Of course I will. In case you need any help I can do, please let me know.

Christoph

--
Dipl. Ing. Christoph Saas 	Munich University of Technology
Phone: +49 89 289 28512         Institute for Network Theory

Home | Main Index | Thread Index