[vdr] Re: Necessity of Emergency Exits...

Martin Hoffmann wrote:

> Another idea would be to monitor the signal strength - i do
> not know what
> signal strengh is reported by the driver in case it already
> got stuck and
> delivers no video stream ! Maybe in spite of delivering black
> screen still
> the correct signal strength is reported ? Then VDR could
> dinstinguish between
> external signal loss and f**k up of the driver !?
>
> Unfortunately i havent applied the signal strength patch (i
> remember there was
> one !?) - so i cannot test ...

Hi,

i can confirm that this is (at least with my 2.1 TT board) correct.
when the driver gets stuck (happens sometimes after extensively OSD use
and heavy channel switching mixed) the signal strength and snr values
are still "normal" (i.e. don't change)
If a real signal loss happens (rain, trees, etc.) the ss and snr are
going down.

Cu Ulrich

Home | Main Index | Thread Index