[vdr] Re: Necessity of Emergency Exits...

Martin Hoffmann wrote:
>>>So, all we nee is to implement a check for snr values>0 before restarting
>>>in case the videostream is broken !?
>>
>>I don't think this will always work.
>>One of the many possible problems with that is, that snr
>>is not implemented for all card types.
>
> Oh - i did not know this !
>

>>I like the watchdog feature as it is.
>>I would not touch it unless there is an improvement
>>without any risks.

Hmm... I wouldn't say that the current behaviour is "without any risk"
at all ;)

As a compromise:

How about a configurable timeout option which sets the time one is
willing to let a certain DVB card wait for a signal to come back. After
that it would be ok to restart VDR. Personally I'd set that value to
somewhat around 2 hours, so my other running recordings wouldn't be
harmed... *That* I'd consider kinda riskless :)

--
with best regards
--

Home | Main Index | Thread Index