[vdr] Re: external key mapping (was: DXR3 support patch for vdr-1.1.5)

> Please help me if I'm missing something here: why should the *same* function
> be assigned to *different* keys in the various parts of a program?
> Wouldn't the user expect the "Up" function to be always on the same key?

Absolutely, I totally aggree with you. This is something that I'm missing in some
parts/programs of the AIO patch. Its quite difficult to explain this to new users of my
vdr:

But as some users/authors did write patches with other keys and I wouldn't want
them to loose their key mappings - for whatever reason they have choosen them.

I think it depends a lot on the layout of the remotecontrol.
If I remeber old postings, your intension was to use a minimal remotecontrol where
you put several functions on the same key.

With this external keylist, I could map the keys in a way I'd like to.
E.g. I'd put the pause function on its own key (which looks like a vcr pause key: || ).
The mp3 player uses the yellow key for pause BTW ... (which I would map to the
same pause key of course).
But the menu down function would remain on the down key.

I have to admin that I didn't have a look at the code itself how it is written currently,
because I wouldn't want to change it everytime a new version comes out.
Though a pointer to the file where I would change the pause key for example would
be appreciated.

Thanks
 Thilo

--