[vdr] Re: DXR3 support patch for vdr-1.1.5

Am Die, 2002-07-23 um 18.41 schrieb Peter Dittmann:

> > Because the number keys are more convenient on my remote control and because
> > of:
> >
> >     case kUp:      Play(); break;
> >     case kDown:    Pause(); break;
> >     case kLeft:    Backward(); break;
> >     case kRight:   Forward(); break;
> >
> > Menus on most DVD's are also just video/audio sequences played over and over
> > again. To be able to have a double meaning of those keys, i would have to use
> > the "User Operation Flags" which then would not allow you anymore to skip
> > over those stupid intro copyright messages.
> >
> > Andreas
>
> Hi Andreas,
>
> just a small story from commercial business (I'm working with Philips's source
> code of the DVD home players):
>
> We also have up/down/left/right rerouted to playback functions
> (pause/slow/backward/forward in our case as long no menu is up)
> And now guess what ?
> The DVD logo certification lab is complaining about it ;-)
>
> Anyhow using the real cursor keys would work with some people (like me) that
> use remotes with more keys (I use OneForAll Signature 7040)
> In a DVD menu maybe skipping (green/yellow key) would do the job of skipping
> the intros/copyright junk...
>
> regards	peter
>

> P.S. a small hint: comercial code is an even bigger, more expensive heap of
> sh.......

You don't say you're hacking to keep in time with the milestones, do
you? I thought this would only be done by 2nd semester IT-students.
What shall your consumers think!?! ;o))

(About a year ago they wanted me to help programming a complete new
professional printig-software in the firm I jobbed. I refused to learn
VisualBasic - guess what - yeah 32bit! their old software is running
16bit and their customers are also running - off!).

> P.P.S.
> What's realy missing in VDR/DVD is the PseudoPAL output for NTSC disc's using a
> PAL60 mode...

Home | Main Index | Thread Index