[vdr] Re: Performance needs for timeshift with budget card

On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 06:29, Wolfgang Miller-Reichling wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Jul 2002 at 19:18:20, Dariush Forouher wrote:
> > I'm using vdr currently on a AMD K5-166, 64MB RAM, 40GB HD and the
> > mainbard support max. UDMA-2. With this hardware, timeshift is not
> > possible. If I play or record on both cards at the same time, the
> > recording get too many errors (unviewable).
> What cards do you use? I guess you have least one budget card. One
> shouldn't have problems using two full featured cards, right?
> Wolfgang
One Hauppauge nova-s and one siemens dvb-s 1.3.

I don't know if the card type makes any differences in performance. vdr
needs in idle running about 30-40% cpu usage, I think that old cpu
together with the small memory causes this problem. This setup works
fine on a new 2Ghz Aldi PC.

ciao
Dariush
--