[vdr] Re: VCD plugin 0.0.4f

On Sonntag, 2. Februar 2003 19:01 Matthias Raus wrote:
> I don't think the "hide main menu" entry is very senseful (by the way:
> when I choose "yes", BOTH entries are hidden, which is not useful.) As I
> already suggested to you last Sunday, you could take one main menu entry
> in which all tracks are listed - first those of /dev/cdrom, then those
> of /dev/cdrecorder. This would be a lot easier to understand and survey
> for the user.

This entry is useful ONLY if you use (a slightly modified version of the)
mediadetect-plugin. It is supposed to hide both VCD and DVD entries in case
the DVD/VCD/MP3-Entry is shown, so my main menu doesn't have 26 entries
anymore ;)

We could discuss more options, as submenus etc etc, but I think the more
options a user has, the better he can configure the program ;)

So, if anyone finds it useless, just leave it alone (it's only ~6 lines of
code, so who cares anyway?)

I will release the necessary patches for the other plugs in the next few days
on my page. MediaDetect is modified to look up Plugins by names, and not by
mainmenu entries, and DVD gets that setup parameter, too.

The developer of the DVD plugin has already got that patch, but I can't reach
the MediaDetect-Developer ;(

Greetings,
Sascha Volkenandt