[vdr] Re: Streaming-Plugin Windows client for unicast

On Montag, 3. Februar 2003 00:31 Ulrich Petri wrote:
> since i never managed to get streaming to work in multicast mode (not in
> 1.0.4 and not in 1.1.20) and additionaly multicast kills my internet
> connection, i decided to try the new unicast mode.
> How can i "recieve" the unicast stream in windows? I tryed the moonlight
> filter "moonlight://192.168.0.3:2002/rtp) but that did not work... what
> "protocol" should i use?

First thing: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!

Finally there's someone with exactly the same problems that I have, too. I am
the developer of the stream-Plugin (for 1.1.x) and I've coded all of the
Multicast-Stuff without being able to test it!!

Second thing: I'm afraid there was never a Windows-Client for Unicast planned.
You could try to setup an ffserver, which you can poll by with windows
machine using M$' rtsp/http urls.

Greetings,
Sascha Volkenandt