[vdr] Re: DXR3 crash fixed

Hmm, I think I was dropped out of the mailinglist because of the mailer
problems we had. This is a copy-paste from the mailinglist -archive in
web...

> Marko Myllymäki wrote:
> Could you specify exactly the version(s), which you are using as I do not
> experience any dxr3 pluging crashes !!

Generally, the latest for all.

- vdr-1.1.22 + the critical patches from 1.1.23 (I had couple of small tests
in the version and didn't upgrade fully as the diffs were so small)
- dxr3 driver latest from CVS
- dxr3 plugin latest official (+ diff)
- DVB driver latest from CVS
- Hauppauge Nova-T

These crashes are related to problems what may happen after there is an
error in the datastream (bad antenna). I don't think this crash will ever
happen if you have perfect reception. And these are something when the error
hits into particularly bad place in the stream (as most just do a 'tsirp' in
sound or few artifact blocks in picture).

It took me one full day to keep VDR running to encounter this problem again,
but last night (with the patch) I got crashes again. Sadly I didn't have
debugger attached this time, and only got the following assert:

	vdr: dxr3syncbuffer.c:32: void cFixedLengthFrame::CopyFrame(const
uint8_t *, int, unsigned int, eFrameType): Assertion `length <= m_length'
failed.
	Aborted

This time VDR crashed 4 times within approx one minute (two with assert, two
with just Segmentation fault). During this period I also got some other
messages (most of these repeated few times, just took the first one. And
some of these are from the different VDR as it crashed and restarted in
between two messages):

	Feb  6 09:51:22 XXX vdr[2725]: ERROR: unknown picture type '5'
	Feb  6 09:51:22 XXX vdr[2725]: ERROR: error in data stream!
	<crash>
	Feb  6 09:51:30 XXX vdr[4421]: ERROR: unknown picture type '6'
	Feb  6 09:51:31 XXX vdr[4421]: cDxr3AudioDecoder::Decode() skipping
473 broken data bytes
	Feb  6 09:51:35 XXX vdr[4422]: ERROR: not sync'ed to TS packet on
device 1
	Feb  6 09:51:35 XXX vdr[4422]: ERROR: skipped 52 bytes to sync on TS
packet on device 1
	<crash>
	Feb  6 09:51:55 XXX vdr[4451]: ERROR: unknown picture type '7'
	<crash>

If someone is interrested in the full log I have it and can send it by
request.

Next time VDR crashes it will leave me a core file to examine later...

					Teemu