[vdr] Re: KVDR 0.52 / KDE 3 / SuSE 8.1

Guido Fiala schrieb:
That is a bit strange to me - it crashs while constructing KApplication ?!
SuSE 8.1 comes with KDE 3.0.3, but SuSE will provide KDE 3.1 for SuSE 8.1
in the next days. Then I will try to upgrade...

Your compiler seems to be much more harsh - i always compile all my apps with -Wall
What version do you have? Once there was a compiler with bugs...
g++ (GCC) 3.2 from SuSE 8.1 (rpm says gcc-3.2-36)
Are there any known bugs in that version?

That reminds me of some problem i have with my Athlons in the office, once in a while they crash compiling the kernel or do an "internal compiler error" on compiling some application - reason: Athlons do often overheat and are not quite stable :-( It's just a matter of the specific failure they produce how the result looks like - let it run several kernel comps at best with make -j 15 or so - we have 4 systems at the office and only one system runs failureless and even this only in "Turbo Mode" disabled in Bios - and that are expensive systems...
I rip my recordings to divx to save hd-space. Sometimes I have 100% cpu
over days, but no problem with XP 1800+ ;)

Andreas Böttger