[vdr] nvram-wakeup problem

Hi list,

I have a strange problem with nvram-wakeup 0.04b. I am using a Asus P2B board which is well supported by nvram-wakeup. I have installed it on my SuSE 8.0 distr. and it is working there. On the same machine I have a mini-linux version based on Suse 8.0 and want to use nvram also here. So I copied nvram.o (modified), nvram-wakeup and rtc and of course modified the vdrshutdown script. The strange thing is that the program writes the correct wake up time in the bios but my board doesn't wake up. To be precisely, it works sometimes when the wake up time is only 5 min. after the shutdown but when the time is further in future it doesn't work. When using the SuSE 8.0 my system starts at the correct time. My first question is: Has the nvram module normally to be loaded ? It has worked with and without module on SuSE. Are there special requirements to the kernel ?

Regards

Stefan Dörmann
ITT Industries
Project Manager