[vdr] Re: Stromverbrauch

Matthias Raus wrote:

> Hi Tobias,
>
> (eigtl wird hier Englisch gesprochen...)

That's what I will try :-)

The question is

- the overall consumption of your computer
  you can get from your electricity supplier a small box to measure this
  (rental-costs are very low, it's worth to give it a try)

- can your motherboard supply enough to the PCI-slots?
  this depends on the components on your motherboard.
  Some manucfacturers try to save money :-)

So even if the PSU-unit is ok, the voltage-regulators might be weak.

Broken streams can have other reasons:

- some motors or even transformers can cause spikes in your
  AC-supply.

Before investing in a new PSU I would consider the other reasons.
Since I have invested in a new motherboard and some AC-Filtering
this "broken stream" messages disappeared.

Regards
Wolfgang