[vdr] Re: High CPU Load @ replay

I have the same "feature" here on my newly installed SuSE 8.1 box.
AMD Athlon 600 MHz, 512 MB, Two HD with DMA enabled
Plain vanilla SuSE 8.1 kernel 2.4.19-4GB
Two dvb-s 1.3 (one with a CI-Interface)
I have removed any CAM
Driver from sometimes end of December
Plain vanilla vdr 1.1.24
No plugins loaded at all.
I have SuSE 8.1 as well -- perhaps it is just because of the "update" from 7.3 2 weeks ago...

CPU-Usage jumps right to 40% whenever a replay starts and stays there (with slight variances)
yupp.

Even without any recording/replay vdr uses between 2.x and 14.5 % CPU (seen with top)
This might be the EPG scanner. Look at the thread number and compare with /var/log/messages. IMHO arte produces the smallest amount of EPG CPU usage (>1% here).

Regards,
Dirk