[vdr] how to start VDR on a multiboot machine?

Hi all,

I'm new with Linux and VDR, so please bear with me.

I managed to get the VDR 1.1.25 running on my PC, and now I would need to
make it start on its own. My PC has Linux and Window$ in it and I'm
using lilo to select the OS. What I'd like to have is a lilo menu
like this (on a monitor, not on a TV-screen):

1. VDR-stand-alone (default)
2. Linux_with_X
3. Windows

Options 2 and 3 I already have, Windows boots now as a default after a
timeout of 20s. I do know how to add a selection to lilo and how to
change the OS booting as a default.

But I don't know how to make VDR to boot in a stand-alone mode i.e.
without X. I'm controlling the VDR with an ATI Remote Wonder which
simulates a keyboard (VDR compiled with REMOTE=KBD). Nvram wakeup
should be able to start the machine as soon I get it working...
And VDR should be able to shutdown the PC.

When VDR starts I don't want to type any usernames or passwords, since I
don't actually have a keyboard in front of the TV. When VDR starts, it
should only load the things needed to run VDR, to make it start up as
fast as possible.

As I wrote, I do not need to see lilo menu on a TV, just on a monitor
when the PC starts up. Also I don't mind restarting the machine if I want
to switch from VDR to Linux_with_X. At the moment I'm only able to start
VDR from the command line ('vdr') as a root user, X environment on the
backround. But this not very convenient.

Is this possible? What other options do I have?

I'm usign Debian Linux 3.0 and I'd appreciate any help.

Best regards,

--
Niko