[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: vdr-osdteletext-0.2

Hi,

WOW, February is *the* month of plugins I guess ;o))

> > - now copies README to ../../man, as Reinhard Walter Buchner suggested

> Bad idea, assumes that ../../man exists.

"I" think we (well Klaus ;o)) should integrate this directory.
Most of us are building plugins proprietarily made for VDR,
so the manuals (actually readmes) should be around the
VDR directory.

@Klaus: what do you say?

I realize there are the man pages, but most plugins simply
don't need a full fledged manual. However, it's nice to see
what a plugin does and be able to have a small documentation
what key does what function. This is a help for both young
and old VDR users. I, for my part, sometimes DO forget
which key is for what on some of the plugins, which I don't
use everyday. Right now that is not a problem as I have X
installed and a keyboard, but later when I transfer the whole
stuff my my actual VDR *box*, I won't have these comforts.

We would need to settle on a folder where the readmes go
and how to name them (case and name plus extension)

We can't use "readme" or "README", at least not w/o an
extension, because the plugins would overwrite each others
readmes. I don't know if README+Pluginname would be
a good idea, as this would lead to long names like
README.osdteletext, etc. Of course, I am open to any
suggestions ;o))

Greetz,
Reinhard

---