[vdr] Re: low volume with Crystal CS4341

Hi Claas,

> The volume level of my DVB-S card is low. Compared to
> my dbox or dvd player  I need to double the volume level
> of my tv when watching via vdr. So far I

This is a known (hardware) problem. There are three things
you can do:

- live with it ;o))
- use J2 it is a good bit louder
- give my extension board a try. It contains a set of analog audio
   preamps (you may want to wait for Rev 2, as it will contain
   better preamps ;o))

>I already looked  at DVB/driver/av7110/av7110.c SetVolume(...).

It has nothing to do with the driver (more in a minute). I have
noticed this phenomenon on a LOT of PC sound hardware
(i.e. NOT just the DVB card). The analog audio outputs don't
seem to meet HiFi input level specs.

What I did add in my mod concerning analog audio are three
things:

- Volume balance can be changed

- Volume steepness. At the moment your usual VDR volume
   range is roughly from 220-255. Anything below 220 is almost
   like muting. Using the volume steepness allows you to change
   this, so that you can use the whole VDR volume control range.

- Nite View Volume: This can be used for viewing at night w/o
  waking the neighbors or having to change your volume setting.

Sadly enough all this ONLY works for analog output. The digital
output does not support this. Mute doesn't either (which I never
understood)

>  http://www.jucs-kramkiste.de

Hmm,  I would love to see your web, but I either can only reach
your wife's(?) page or I get a forbidden ;o))

Greetz,
Reinhard

---
Mail is certified Virus Free.