[vdr] Re: MP3 Plugin

On 02 Mar 2003 "Reinhard Walter Buchner" <rw.buchner@freenet.de> wrote:

>> Yes, may be. I thought about some kind of playlist control (skip
>> between files) as "future" use, but as I don't got time and/or
>> motivation to work at this ...
>
> I wasn't complaining ;o)) Its just that not everyone has enough
> keys to be able to assign FF & FR (I do ;o)) and skipping through
> a 2 hr movie with the 10 sec button isn't for the faint hearted, esp
> if the "jump to" doesn't work (I have had this on some AVI files).
> That was the *only* reason I added the above ;o))

I cannot see a reason why jump shouldn't work while skipping
does. They both use the mplayer "skip" command.

>> k_Repeat would be the right think here.
>
> Actually I think I have to redivide what I said ;o)) The way you
> implemented it, is actually an interesting *feature*, but I didn't
> realize this until *after* I had written the mail ;o)) If you just
> tap the remote (left or right) Mplayer will actually skip only
> 10 seconds. If you hold it a bit longer it will skip 10 seconds
> on touch and 10 seconds on release. SO, I think *you* should
> really call it a feature ;o)) Thanks!! I hope you didn't change it
> yet ;o))

The intended function was, to keep skipping while the button is
hold. So k_Repeat is the right thing.

> BTW: Do you have any idea, why Mplayer doesn't exit cleanly
> after ending replay (in slave mode) via any of the "quit replay"
> buttons or if the movie is over? I always have to manually kill

No idea, but I'm not using mplayer regularly and have still pre8
installed.

Could you please provide this infomation:
-On mplayer startup you should see a log message
 "mplayer: script started (pid=xx)". Which PID is given?
-When VDR hangs (before killing any processes), do a "ps -axf"
 and send the part with VDR/Mplayer threads.

May be this can help to catch the problem.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan